- Rebooting Basics
- Tools for Change
- Porn FAQs
- ED & Porn
- ? Studies
Support, Forums, Websites, Books
Submitted by admin on Sun, 11/28/2010 - 18:13
Recovering from an addiction is very tough to do on your own, or solely with a partner who is (understandably) feeling resentful. Said one forum member:
I've had good experiences with my local Sex Addicts Anonymous meetings (http://saa-recovery.org/), and the meetings will help you connect with others, and also heal shame that you feel about yourself. Opening up to a group of non-judging folks is incredibly healing, and I highly recommend you check out wherever you live. There are also telephone meetings which are great, and allow you to connect with people all over the world. I'm going to join one of these myself.
A support group is a great way to form close, sincere friendships. Recovering users benefit enormously from exchanging tips and support with others. Many of the following sites have forums, meetings and recovery programs.
Note: If you seek help from a therapist or doctor, you may want to educate him/her first about some of the symptoms heavy porn users are reporting.
Non 12-Step Forums:
- Reboot Nation - Start your own recovery journal, try a "classic" reboot, post, ask questions, share, get support and help raise awareness of porn-related problems.
- Your Brain Rebalanced - Start your own recovery journal, discuss variations on the rebooting theme, post, ask questions, share, and get support.
- NoFap.org It has its own forum and is synched up with Reddit's Reddit/NoFap (below). Find an Accountability Partner. Accountability Partners are pairs who hold each other accountable during the NoFap Challenge. Create a Journal thread. Strict NSFW filtering.
- NoFap subreddit - Very active forum on reddit.
- PornFree subreddit - Community to help those with porn addiction
- NoFap Teens subreddit
- NoFapChristians subreddit
- Feed The Right Wolf - Blog, articles, forum
- Daily Strength: Sex/Pornography Addiction Support Group - Active forum for sex/porn addicts and their partners.
- Porn Addiction Info - Active forums for both porn addicts and partners.
- No-Porn.com - Active forums for both porn addicts and partners, recovery materials.
- Through the Flame - Active forums for both porn addicts and their partners.
- Love & freedom project - Free ebook: quit PMO in 30 days
- Omega Man's Resources - List of resources from member of YBR
- www.porno-sucht.com - largest German-speaking online resource
Non 12-Step Organizations, Sites & Programs:
- Mark Queppet: Coach, leader of nofap academy. Visit his Vlog.
- Recovery Nation - Free program (workshops, articles,resources, coaching)
- Porn Free Power - Free guide packed with strategies and exercises
- Love you, hate the porn - Blog, good info for couples
- Healthysex.com - Professional services, articles. Authors of "The Porn Trap"
- Building the New - Porn addiction recovery through Mindfulness & Compassion
- The Fortify Program - Recovery program (free to those under 21)
- Inner Gold - blog, videos, counseling, and addiction programs.
- Healthystrokes: traumatic masturbation syndrome - If you are a face down (prone) masturbator, you need to follow this link
- www.sexaddictionhelp.co.uk - Free self-help recovery resource
- New York Sexual Addiction Center - Offers group therapy for porn addicts, as well as individual counseling
- Wiki on porn recovery - Good tips on avoiding porn and porn recovery.
- The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- Sexual Recovery Institute - Professional services, workshops, articles.
- Pathways Institute for Impulse Control - Professional services, articles
- Rational Recovery - All addictions.
- SMART Recovery® - All addictions. Active forum, online meetings, lots of resources.
- Scoop It: Sex Addiction - Comprehensive collection of curated, up-to-date information regarding addictive/compulsive sexual behavior.
- Muslims Quitting Porn
PornFreeLife.com - A free e-book.
12-Step Based Groups:
- Sexual Addicts Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Sexual Compulsives Anonymous
- Sexaholics Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous Online Group - Online meetings
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, or SLAA
For the Partners of Addicts:
- Healthysex.com - Promoting Healthy Sex and Intimacy
- PoSARC – Partners of Sex Addicts Resource Center
- COSA - This is the counterpart to Sex Addicts Anonymous.
- Don't Reward Bad Behavior - Blog by porn addict's ex - fiery, but fun (UK)
- Pathways Institute for Impulse Control
- Your Brain on Porn: Internet Pornography and the Emerging Science of Addiction
- The Porn Trap, By Wendy & Larry Maltz
- Wack: Addicted to Internet Porn by Noah B.E. Church
- Understanding and Treating Sex Addiction, by Paula Hall
- Breaking the Cycle: Free Yourself from Sex Addiction, Porn Obsession, and Shame, by George Collins
- The Brain That Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge
- Love You, Hate the Porn: Healing a Relationship Damaged by Virtual Infidelity, by Mark Chamberlain & Geoff Steurer
- No More Mr. Nice Guy!, by Robert A Glover
- Porned Out: erectile dysfunction, depression, and 7 more (selfish) reasons to quit porn, by Brian McDougal
- "You Are Not Your Brain", by Jeffrey Schwartz, a medical doctor who treats OCD
- The Slight Edge: Turning Simple Disciplines into Massive Success and Happiness