Age 18 - Increased confidence & desire to socialize, far less social anxiety
Currently 18 and I've been fapping since I was 13. I was a daily fapper, and by 16 I was fapping 2-3 times a day on average. I had known about NoFap by then too, but I thought it was complete nonsense and that the community was just torturing itself for no reason whatsoever.
In March of last year, I got incredibly high, and when I get high I become very introspective and analytical. During the trip, I realized that I wasn't happy with where I was in life. That I didn't have as many friends as I wanted, that I could barely talk to girls that I found attractive, and that I was incredibly shy and introverted.
So in March I quit weed permanently, and decided to start to improve myself as a person. I read self help books like Models and No More Mr. Nice guy, hell I even read a book on body language. I t was around this time too that I started trying NoFap half hardheartedly, but I would never get past 1 week. I never felt any huge benefits from my week long streaks, but I did them anyways because it was better than jerking off every day at least.
Then in May I got pumped up for a dance that was coming up in our school, and I decided to go for 2 weeks to see if I could gain any confidence I could use at the dance, and holy shit did it work. Definitely one of my more memorable nights, and to celebrate I decided to fap the next day which ended that streak. The next 3 days were awful, my social anxiety came back with a vengeance, and I stayed at home binging. After the 3 day binge, I decided to take this more seriously and my streaks went up. I reached a record of 32 days in June, but I got way too cocky and relapsed again.
So how did I reach 90 days? In mid July, I decided to do the same thing I did in May, which was to find a single good reason to drive me to try harder at this. And that reason was to become more confident once college started. Every time a sudden urge to fap came up, I would think about my goal and overcome it. Here are the benefits I've noticed after 91 days of this shit:
- Increased sense of self worth/confidence
- Significantly less social anxiety
- Increased drive to socialize. I have become more social and confident as a result, but only because I have painstakingly forced myself to. If I spend a whole day in my dorm doing nothing I'll become disappointed in myself and be more motivated to try harder the next day. I'll spontaneously start conversations with people in line at a store or just around campus. Been cold approaching girls on a semi daily basis too, and NoFap definitely helps with the approach anxiety.
- More positive view of life. I never thought of myself as a pessimist, but compared to last year I am definitely a more positive and optimistic person. If I fuck up or something doesn't go the way I wanted it to, I don't beat myself up over it and instead try to learn from it.
- And lastly, more girls have been checking me out and started conversations with me in the past 3 months than in the last 4 years of High School.
When I first started out, 90 days seemed like something that other people did, not something that I myself could actually achieve. Even though I've only been fapping for 5 years, this was still a huge struggle for me. My advice to those who wish to obtain long streaks, is to find a goal or reason to motivate you. That reason can be something as simple as an upcoming social event to something more complex like saving your marriage or some other shit. I know this community frowns on getting a girl as a reason to do NoFap, and while I agree its not the best reason, we all have to start somewhere. If you don't have a singular goal/reason to drive you, don't be surprised if you half ass this shit and constantly relapse.
I've relapsed 10-15 times to get to where I am now. The benefits are worth it! Thanks for listening NoFap!