Age 22 - (ED), Huge drop in social anxiety, More confidence with ladies, More energy
I'm pretty hungover - I've realized that this is a trigger for me and precisely why I'm focusing my energy on recognizing what has improved over the last 18 days. I've made it past two weeks about 5 times, then I'd get cocksure and blow it "accidentally". The last year has been crazy in reshaping myself. Oh and by the way, I'm 22, have been fapping everyday, usually multiple times per day since I was 10. PIED since 16 or earlier; weird fetishes since probably 13. Seriously attempted Nofap for the last year. Have known about porn induced problems since 17 when I read "The Brain that Changes Itself". But I digress. Here's what I'm doing.
Ketogenic diet -
- The body uses fatty acid and ketone bodies as fuel in place of glucose. Think of it like an engine (your brain) using better fuel. It impacts cognitive function; for people prone to seizures it reduces or eliminates them by reducing neurotransmitters that excite the brain and increasing those that calm it (gaba). For many it has impacts for depression and anxiety and that is what I've experienced. Simple carbs (refined sugar, flour etc) are a trigger for me. This diet enables me to be more mindful, because of their impacts on neuro chemistry but also because you have to be aware of what you're eating all the time. Carbs are everywhere and the diet allows for about 30 net grams per day.
- I lift everyday. I take a day off if I feel tired or sore but generally every. single. day. You probably think I over-train - I don't care. I love it. It's a fixture in my routine. Clears my head, gets my blood pumping, makes me happy. If you're new to lifting get a program online this one is great. You don't have to do it perfectly, but that should be the end goal - to complete every workout 100% and consistently increase weight.
- Get some preworkout assault is great, I've also used 1MR and jack3d. Don't get C4 because those motherfuckers at GNC suggest it every time - I'm sure they get commission from it. Ginseng is good for preworkout energy too. Whey protein is good, so is eating a lot of cheap protein like tuna or chicken. Make sure you get the macros right especially if you're doing the ketogenic diet.
- I supplement with Fish oil, D3, zinc and a multivitamin.
- I've come to accept a simple general principle; either people never change or they always change. I've chosen the latter. Your first read should be The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson. Fuckin awesome perspective.
- If you don't have a 7 Life System, draw one up. Now. Read the book Think and Grow Rich; it's the same idea.
- Buddhism is not what you think it is by Steve Hagen is a great read for understanding the mind - what you must conquer over this journey.
- Making Habits, Breaking Habits by Jeremey Dean. Self-explanatory.
- Subscribe to the subreddit theredpill. Read everything. Accept the fact that a woman will never unconditionally love you, and right there life makes a lot more sense and you have a huge motivation to change everything.
- The subreddit seduction is also full of good shit.
- Use apps - HabitFlow Pro has been huge for me. Like 2 bucks and its really simple and efficient for managing and programming habits.
- An app named Since tracks my streaks, pretty huge. Quit smoking cigarettes, weed, dramatically cut down on alcohol.
- Oyster is the netflix of books, simple easy to use app and access to half a million books. Its on your phone so you can always read, especially self-improvement books.
- Mint is huge for managing finances.
- Meditation - being mindful is the name of the nofap game. It's easy, anyone can do it and it doesn't take much time.
- I'm not having serious urges. But my sexuality isn't dead either. I'm not testing shit out, because I know how that goes, but I'm assuming my dick functions better than usual and am approaching women regardless. I'm on hard mode but will fuck with easy mode.
- Huge drop in social anxiety. Noticeable at day 5 usually, but as I continue I see improvements. Nofap has enabled me to breakout of a shell; TheRedPill is teaching my how to carry myself now that I'm free.
- More energy, self-discipline, and better habits.
- More confidence with ladies; not afraid to ask for a number and get rejected (first weekend back at college and I'm 3/4), not afraid to make eye contact/eye fuck. I take up more space, am more aware of my body language, in social situations I am more conscious.
- Voice is deeper. I can open my eyes more - like I have more control over my facial muscles or something.. not sure haha.
- Still don't proofread shit. Excuse the typos. Feel free to send me some tips via PM. I've been trying to be more involved with the subreddit because I've changed my life dramatically in one year and nofap was the spark. I remember reading that this may be the hardest thing I'll ever do. It is, but thanks to nofap, I'm getting in the habit of enjoying difficult challenges. Hope this helps some people.
TL;DR: nofap works