Age 28 - 240 days: I've grown more in the last 3 months than I have in the previous 7 years
Brief history: started MO around age 5, PMO around 13, much more PMO around 15 when we upgraded to high-speed internet, was always very shy/timid, no confidence, depressed, only played video games and PMO pretty much daily.
Randomly decided I should stop PMO at age 16. Had a two and a half month streak on my first attempt. Got first girlfriend two months later. We dated for two years and broke up. Went back to PMO pretty heavily for ~7 years wasting hours daily on porn. Dated no one in this time frame. Rarely socialized and was back to always feeling shy, timid, depressed, and lacking confidence. Found /r/nofap and figured why not, I'll give it a try. Had a few two week streaks and got my second ever girlfriend at age 26. Dated for a year and a half and broke up a few months ago. Buckled down 8 months ago on nofap in the middle of our relationship and haven't PMO since.
Now for all the benefits I've noticed in the last few months:
- physically active for first time in my life. running, weight lifting, golf
- had best golf round of my life last week
- started teaching myself computer programming to hopefully change careers in the next couple of years
- no longer feel depressed
- have been much more social
- less anxious
- light conversation with coworkers is much easier
- my jokes in conversation are much more timely and witty
- improved focus, mood, awareness, and confidence
- more positive outlook on everything
- thoughts and speech are much clearer
- handle stress with ease
- more aware of social cues
- been on dates with two different girls, have a 2nd date with one of them tonight
- had no problem preparing a presentation for a promotional interview at work
- got first promotion of my life last week
- I feel more in control of my life
- realized what I want in life will not fall into my lap. I have to make the effort to take what I want
- more in control of my emotions
- I am more open to new experiences and adventures
- The idea of porn seems disgusting. I now see all the girls in porn as trashy which I could not understand before nofap
- I feel good about myself and my physical "flaws"
- I've grown more in the last 3 months than I have in the previous 7 years
There are probably more, but that is all I could think of quickly. I am 100% sure that none of this would have happened if it wasn't for /r/nofap. I cannot wait for what the future brings me. Thank you.
Some advice for newcomers and those of you struggling. Do not edge. Do not look at porn. Do not focus on getting girls/laid. Focus on improving yourself and everything else you want will be easier to obtain.