So I know it would be more fitting to post at 90 days, but I will likely forget at 90 days so I am posting now. If any of you have questions, feel free to comment. I began the NoFap challenge because I’m a practicing Christian and its a sin for me to masturbate and look at porn anyway.
I came into this expecting that completing the challenge would improve my relationship with God, improve the way I view women and make it so that I didn’t want to be in a relationship so badly any more. With those expectations in mind here are my individual observations.
- Many people note that they become more attractive to the opposite gender. Now I didn’t necessarily have women throw themselves at me. I even got rejected by a woman actually. I will say this though. I talk to women about 10x as much I did before I started abstaining.
- I did not experience any increase in energy or motivation as some people say, although before this challenge I was a pretty non routine dapper (about 1 a week) and I was already going to the gym regularly.
- My relationship with God is improving, although I can’t say for if I sure if I would correlate this to abstaining, I’m not sure yet.
- My view of women is much improved. I feel like I can respect and perceive the way women feel more and talk to them with genuine concern and confidence.
- I did not get less obsessed with a relationship as I had hoped. In fact, I feel like abstaining has caused me to want a relationship even more now that PMO is kind of second rate to me and a real relationship sounds much more satisfying.
Conclusions: Was this hard? Absolutely. Was it everything I ever dreamed it would be? Not really. Was it worth it? Without a doubt. Keep going, trust me you will absolutely want to be in this situation. I wish you guys the best of luck and I hope to see you complete the 90 days.
I’m 21 years old tomorrow. My 90 days happens to fall on the very next day.
LINK – Almost at 90 days, here’s my thoughts