I’m 25 years old, I have been suffering from PMO addiction from 12 years old, total 13 years, more than half my life. I was very quiet guy, who didn’t like to socialize with others very much.
I moved county 4 years ago, and in that time I couldn’t make good friends. Moreover, I haven’t even asked a girl out on a date ever. That was a little about me before I found NOFAP.
When I found nofap I wasn’t trying to quit my addiction, I just watched Tedx talk video, and wanted to see the site out of curiosity. When I started to read the forums and the stories of other guys I got very upset and emotional, I found something common to me in every story here, and realized that I’m an addict. That day I decided to quit PMO for 1 year, the next day I thought for myself “what after 1 year I will fap again? No way.”, so I decided to quit PMO forever. I had very good motivation to quit PMO, I blamed PMO in a lot of bad thing that I saw in myself.
Of course I had trouble on the way to 50+ days of PMO free, but with help of this community I never relapsed. And for last 2 weeks I don’t think about porn and quitting PMO, my life goes forward. I mostly get here now, because I get bored
So here the benefits that I feel from quitting PMO:
1) I feel my emotions clearer (before my face could express something, but I felt nothing inside)
2) I like my body (before I hated it, I’m a little chubby, but meanwhile I lost 5kg and not stopping).
3) More social (I like to hang out with anyone now).
4) Better memory.
5) More productive, not because I have more time, because I spent it better and more efficient.
6) Better speaking abilities (still need huge improvement).
Those main things that I noticed, but I’m sure I became better in every way since I decided to quit PMO.
In summary, I was in very bad place 2 months ago, and now I’m happy. I am thankful to this community for this.
I hope my story will help anyone. If anyone has a question, I would be happy to answer it.
LINK – Over 50 days of progress