I’m 29. Started fapping at 12. Just learned about this ‘NoFap’ thing today through YouTube but I can really relate!
Sex/Porn addiction is a monster that can and does destroy lives.
I started trying to quit fapping and watching Pornography in 2014. Took me a year to get about 75 days. Lost that. And 7 months later got started on this last run. Before this relapse had become normality.
How did I do it?
- Get spiritual. Doesn’t matter how/what; just start taking care of your soul/meditate
- Get informed. Read everything you can.
- 12 step group (I’m not gonna advertise any but there are plenty sex-related, it’s an addiction like any other drug!)
- Get connected to other ppl going through what you’re going through or who have already gone through it. Call them every day! Meet up with them, talk it out! You’re not alone in this.
- Get involved. Help others in any way you can.
- Keep getting back up! When you relapse, shrug it off and try again.. It’s a painful process but the rewards are overwhelming!
- Don’t be too harsh on yourself. Eventually you will relapse. With time and hard work, this will change.
- Journal everything daily. Get to know who you really are!
- Be thankful for everything you have. It will get rough; this path is not an easy one. Humble yourself and see the true beauty of life. Appreciate the small things and be grateful. Gratitude saved me numerous times. It got me out of my own head.
I could probably write a lot more but this is probably the core of how I did it. Or how “I” didn’t do it. I couldn’t have done it alone. Impossible! But thank God I’m out of that tunnel and embracing life with a whole new perspective.
If you have any questions I’d be glad to answer them.
LINK – Almost 13 months Fapfree