I am surprised that I made it this far. This being my first time and all. I started this path to cure my PIED and get my libido up but got a lot more through it all.
- Urges have diminished quite dramatically over the past several weeks. My hardest period I would argue was around day 40-60. The way I combatted it surprisingly enough was taking a cold showers right when I got home from work. I came to realize that my routine was come home all stressed out from work and sit down and watch my video of the day. Instead of I took a cold shower immediately and that relieved a lot of the stress from work and urges I had. I can’t say if it is a placebo trick but it’s working for me. Also I like to add I live in a hot weather city in the US.
- Mental clarity. I began to see things in my environment clearly. My work productivity jumped quite a bit. My memory is a lot better and my thought patterns when used for work have become sharper. Brain fog didn’t really cloud me much prior to this but I wasn’t any better either.
- My dick. I have been getting the occasional morning wood and random boners for the past several weeks. It’s nice to know something is working. Sometimes I go to the restroom and piss I am in a semi or flaccid state. Not dead shrivel-dick there.
- Confidence. I know some people talk about increased confidence or special “powers” but I’m not in the same space as this one. I haven’t asked a girl out nor I have tried to hook up with one. Instead I would say my confidence in talking to people (including random strangers) has gotten quite a boost. I occasionally have issues over the phone at work but now I can take on any call. Any person coming up to for questions or help, I have no issues with.
- Flat lines. I have had several occasions where I just flat line for days and days. I know it is part of the process but it’s a shitty feeling.
- Random triggers. Many people here talk about triggers from various things. Mine is names. That is names of specific girls that I had a hard on for when I watch porn. Every now and then I would see or hear a name and BAM memories. I quickly push it out of my mind.
- Random memories. This isn’t from any specific trigger but just random things that come up in my mind. I have learned to tell myself “Ahh…nope!” and move on from it.
- Low libido. Still here dude.
- PIED. Hard to say considering I am not dating but I get some feelings here and there when I see some girls.
What helped me the most:
- The book YBOP by Gary Wilson. I bought a copy to read whenever I have the urge to PMO in the beginning.
- This site! Very useful advice, read it several times.
- Tell yourself “It will be worth it in the end.” Just tell yourself that whenever you have your moments.
Conclusion: I don’t believe I am cured. As a 10+ year user I believe it will take me longer to cure myself of this and I am in it for the long haul. There really isn’t a set amount of time in my opinion. The way I see it if you want to cure yourself, you do it as long as you can.
LINK – 90 Days IN