Last night, after we had sex, my husband said to me, “I can’t believe I ever thought that jacking off and watching porn was better than having sex. I wish I could go back and just kick myself. I knew there was a problem back then, but I didn’t know what it was or what to do about it.”
Last night was 39 days of nofap for him and for us. Today is 40 days. It was 42 days ago that I came to this forum, frustrated, lonely and desperate for help, basically at the end of my rope with the state of our marriage and sex life. Thanks to my husband’s commitment to nofap and to the support and help offered by the amazing people in this forum, 40 days has made all the difference in the world.
If you are here because you have PIED, or are wondering if giving up PMO really makes a difference, my answer is an emphatic “YES!”
Here are the changes he and I have noticed:
1. PIED is GONE!
2. Increased penile sensitivity.
3. MUCH stronger/larger erections (his penis also seems bigger when flaccid).
4. Return of morning wood
5. Easier to get out of bed in morning
6. Increased motivation
7. Started diet/exercise has lost 20 pounds in 30 days
8. More engaged with me, our daughter, family and friends
9. Increased communication
10. Much increased frequency of intercourae
11. Much increased quality of intercourse
12. I don’t resent him anymore
13. More affectionate physical contact
14. He watches me more during sex
15. I’m more inclined to do things he wants me to do
16. Increased honesty
17. Larger volume of ejaculate
18. Pursuing hobbies more/ writing more
19. Decreased signs and symptoms of depression/anxiety for both of us
20. More eye contact
21. More time spent together
22. More focused
23. I find him much more attractive
The list goes on… Like I said, nofap definitely works! If you are new to it, are struggling, or are just wondering if there’s really something to it, my advice to you is to give it a try and to power through your struggles. There’s a very good chance that it will change your life and possibly save your relationship!
I really wish more people knew about the damage PMO can cause and how much better life can become when it’s given up. It really is a life changer.