Okay so I’ll start by saying I am not currently on a 150+ day streak. To be honest I just relapsed, now that, that’s out of the way those of you who don’t want to read this please leave.
I have been attempting to completely rid nofap from my life for 3 years now. I have tons of 30+ day streaks, tons of 20+ day streaks and so on,but I only have 1 150+ day streak. Now this isn’t just some useless information I included. I included this to show you how hard nofap is and how proud and impressed you can be of yourself for taking on such a challenge. I’ve fucked up a lot and I should have way more to show than one 150+ day streak,but it’s okay we’re all human we all make mistakes just be proud that you have committed to improving yourself day in day out. This is a marathon not a sprint if you’re learning from each relapse and apply that information to your next streak you’re winning.
So now for the main reason you’re here what was my life like before nofap? Well before nofap I was an insecure 14 year old skinny fat child. I used to spend my days at school hating every second of it surrounded by acquaintances (I had no friends or any deep connections at the time). I’d get home and practically sprint to the bathroom where I would nut a nut or 3. I’d then eat some ridiculously unhealthy lunch go to my room play video games and binge watch series (fuck homework) until I fell asleep.
I’d then nap for hours until it was time to go train (I am a swimmer- this was about the only good thing I had going on). I’d jack myself up on coffee because I had no energy, somehow make it through the session then come home. Once home I would eat, shower, jack off and back to the video games and Netflix until late at night. There were many times I would only sleep 1 or 2 hours then go to school. I would also completely isolate myself on weekends, not that I had anyone to do stuff on weekends with.
Needless to say I hated my life and was depressed. One night during my late night binges I was so sad and depressed. I sat at my bed side table crying like a baby, I wrote a suicide note to my family. I was going to end it all anyway long story short that night I found nofap and decided to give it one shot. If I failed and it made no difference in my life I was going to kill myself.
Behold my first streak it was a mere 12 days,but 12 days that changed my life. You see in those 12 days for the first time in my life I fought for something. I fought to not relapse and that installed a mindset inside of me. A fighter mindset. Urges hit you with everything they’ve got and it’s up to you to give in or not. It’s up to you to fight back. I had a new mindset and I had tasted the benefits of nofap. My life suddenly had new meaning, I would conquer this addiction.
This was the start of my nofap journey/ journey of self discovery. After falling and rising 100s of times this is what has changed:
- I started studying and went from a D student to a B (sometimes C) student.
- I found a friend group who had passion and drive. They wanted the best for me and I wanted the best for them.
- I started going out on weekends to parties and meeting new people. I kissed some girls and became popular.
- I started taking something and got rid of my acne.
- I improved my style and got a nice haircut.
- I joined the gym and fixed my diet. I went from underweight to super shredded and muscular.
- I had my first love (check my posts).
- I started sleeping and taking my swimming serious. I placed 1st in my country (age group) and 10th overall)
- I discovered so much about myself like my true passion and purpose for life (fitness and helping people reach their fitness goals).
- I discovered deep insecurities I didn’t know existed and am working to fix them. You see when you’re on nofap the fog is removed and you can clearly see your life problems, insecurities and emotions.
- I am working on starting my own business right now.
- I stopped drinking coffee,but recently reintroduced it in moderation.
- I stopped playing video games. Sold my console and TV.
This is just to mention a few of the changes and improvements in my life. There are too many to list. Nofap has changed and saved my life and even though it’s been 3 years I feel like I’m still at the beginning of my journey.
Stay strong brothers and sisters. This is a marathon not a sprint. The main goal shouldn’t be to remove porn and masturbation from your life. It should be to find and improve yourself. The no PMO will be a byproduct.