I have been masturbating since I was 14 and now I am 21 so I really quite addicted to it and ceasing masturbation was one of the toughest things I encountered in my life. I will give you an insight on me and later come to the question. I am from the sub-tropical terrain of India, 21 and was a regular at masturbation until 4months ago. So much so that since the last 2 years I had started masturbating twice/thrice daily!! I was addicted to pornography.
Then I started knowing about the side effects of excess masturbation like erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, low sperm count etc. I panicked and did not masturbate for 3 days. But soon my sexual instinct took over me and I was back infront of my laptop with my pants down, shagging to nude women on the screen. I then resolved that this must somehow be stopped.
I lessened my masturbation frequency to once daily to thrice a week to twice in 2 weeks and so on. Until 4 moths ago when I totally got over it and I dont masturbate anymore.
The health effects, mostly positive, can be divided into 2 types:
- The masturbation time can be awarded to exercise which helps you stay fit.
- The penis isnt subject to different masturbation fantasies which helps it to sustain its original form.
- Incase of women, there is a lesser chance of hymen getting broken incase it is intact.
- The vagina could be prevented from infection which may happen due to use of dildos and other stimulating home appliances and vegetables.
- The most common effect is higher concentration. People tend to concentrate more in work or studies when they are off porn.
- It also prevents teenagers from adhering to taboos. For instance since last 3 years I have been drawn to incest which sadly led to me peeping on my family’s females and fantasizing them.
- You dont picture every pretty woman you meet as just a sexual object with a pair of boobs and a vagina. You develop more respect for the opposite sex.
There have been certain theories as to ceasing masturbation increases the risk of prostrate cancer in men but there have been no concluding proofs to that effect.
So this is my personal perspective and I welcome any comments, suggestions from the readers. If you have anymore question, feel free to put it in the comments or message me; I’ll be glad to help anyone.
By Kartik Ashar, Observer, Learner, Thinker