It’s been 104 days since I quit watching porn and I’m beginning to think that I’ve finally rebooted. I’m starting to see life for what it really is. Life is about growing.
Nofap is just single part of my life. Me being addicted to porn was something that happened to me. I learned from it, grew and now it’s no longer in my life. My porn addiction actually seems quite small in the grand scheme of things when I looked at it. It use to seem so big and powerful back when I was trying to quit.
I learned that I wasn’t just addicted to watching porn but I learned that I used porn to escape from my reality. I had low self esteem and no self confidence. I was always chasing after people trying to get them to like me. I had no direction and no purpose. After I got out of college and moved back in with my parents, my porn use got even worse because I couldn’t hide behind people.
I was afraid to grow and I didn’t know how to so I would use to porn to escape front that pain. Now that chapter in my life is over. It’s time to start a new one.
Things I’ve learned so far.
- You have a lot of control for what goes on in your life.
- Women aren’t going save you from your problems. They have them just like you. They aren’t perfect.
- You will make mistakes. You are going to hurt people, let them down. Sometimes you will even hurt yourself. It’s best to just forgive yourself and move forward.
- Do what is best for you, learn to speak up for yourself. When you do, you’ll start getting what you want
- Track Your growth, best way to do that is to set goal for yourself.
- Spend more time by yourself. Get to know yourself.
- Embrace change. Love endings and new chapters.
- What ever chapter you’re on in your life get to work. You don’t have time to waste.
It’s better than what I imagined! I want to see more people get off the new drug and live life.
The first thing I did was write down everything that I went through up until the end of 2018. I wrote down everything clearly and honestly, being very open as possible. Then I owned up for it. I said I’m responsible for where my life is now. When it came to mean stuff people did to me in the past, I owned up to how I responded to them. After I was done owning up for it.
I forgave myself ( still working on forgiving myself) because I’m not perfect no one is. I also forgave the people who wronged me because they’re not perfect either.
Then I made it a goal to start a new life a better one, I took a strength and weakness exam online and I’m currently working on my weaknesses. It’s not easy, but I’d rather working on this chapter of my life than going back to the old one. I hope this helps.
It feels great to finally put this chapter in our lives to rest! I wish we could hold a convention somewhere and meet everyone
You get over it, just be patient and persistent. Mine took me 12 years! I’m making it a habit to learn from my mistakes. We have to go through things in order to make us stronger. Not hide from them.
I’m 24. [I quit due to] My growing dissatisfaction with life, my want to live better. Yes I feel more masculine energy for the most part.