Thought I’d give you all a summary of what’s happened over the last 90 days.. The highs, the lows and most importantly, what I have learned. I won’t write too much about my back story, If you’re interested you can check some of my past updates! So at 90 days, here are a list of some of the changes I’ve noticed in myself:
- Morning wood has come back
- Random boners (these two have only been in the last week or so)
- Heavily reduced social anxiety
- Easier to stick to routines
- More alert, awake, aware, focused
- Reduced outbursts of anger
- Less rumination
- More control over my attention/ impulses
- Less reactive, more able to endure discomfort
- Sleeping better
- Longer lasting erections with partner/ no pushing rope
I don’t necessarily think that NoFap is the sole cause of all these things, I’ve also done a lot of other things to get to where I am now, but I do believe I couldn’t have done all of these things while fapping.. I think a lot of people (myself included when I first started 90 days ago) see nofap as a cure.. It’s not, it’s a catalyst for change..
Here are the other things I’ve done that I think have been extremely helpful:
- My morning routine cold shower > Meditation > Exercise (sit-ups, calisthenics)
- Journalling (planning my days the night before, and writing a paragraph about the day I’ve had
- Running 3x a week
- Sensory deprivation before I go to sleep
The cold showers are a little victory first thing every morning.. Its winter here in Australia at the moment, and it is not easy getting into a freezing cold shower, but its a great way to wake myself up first thing in the morning!
The journalling is an excellent way to plan my days so I don’t find myself wasting time.. Also, I can get my thoughts and feelings about the day on paper which really helps!
Running has been an absolute game changer, I am hooked!
The sensory deprivation is something I haven’t heard anyone on here talk about, but I find it very helpful.. I listen to filtered white noise on my headphones and lay in bed with a face mask on.. Here, I can destimulate from the day before sleeping, and I often spend time thinking about my studies and trying to grasp concepts I’m struggling with.
It hasn’t all been fun and games though, here are a list of the struggles I’ve gone through over the last 90 days
- Overstimulation, shakes, sweats
- Outbursts of anger
- Suicidal thoughts
- No motivation, struggling to even get out of bed
- Frequent, pervasive sexual impulses
- Pains and tension in my crotch
These pass though, these are not anything you have to respond to, its just noise as your brain rewires.
I think it’s important that I don’t view 90 days as a ‘case closed’, there are still a lot of things I’m not happy with and want to improve upon:
- Spending less time on my phone, incessant checking of Email/ facebook
- Get out of bed at the same time consistently
- Use my spare time more productively
- More disciplined with my work, and more able to push through distractions and impulses
Thanks for reading, I tried to keep it as concise as possible, but I sincerely hope that whoever reads this knows that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, and to just keep chugging along!
LINK – 90 days!