First time posting here. I quit watching P and MB about 55 days ago. This process was already in the works, so I just never stopped my streak and here I am. Quitting porn absolutely feels like the most GROWN UP THING I have done in the last 4 years. More than marriage, endurance training, and career.
I consider it a personal act of defiance and courage that calls for serious firepower, but sitting here I can tell you it’s the most adult thing I’ve experimented with in ages.
I feel like myself. I feel like I rediscovered a part of who I am – a stronger, more confident, more self-assured version of me. But this is not easy, and there are moments of weakness that creep up every so often. I read a quote in this subthread that captures it perfectly: a day of nofap is 1000x better than a relapse day. Own the day, own your life – It’s worth it.
Here’s what I noticed.
- A more firm and fluid approach to managing work, people, and projects. I have a more ‘let’s get to the bottom of this’ mentality that’s more action oriented and creative.
- Better eye contact with women and people overall.
- More time. Without a doubt the most significant impact is the creation of time and space to do what I want to do. I feel liberated, and have since begun drawing more, cycling more, making plans to travel, and waking up earlier to do it all.
- Better sex. More intense, not a huge spike in quantity but a big shift in quality. It’s less foggy and not clouded by imagery or thoughts of anyone other than my partner.
- More honesty, less shame. I shared things with my partner about my experience with P and we’re closer because of it. I also shared my experience with my guy friends, and they’ve been receptive and listening and curious to quit themselves.
LINK – 55 Days In. Lessons Learned.