I’ve created three levels of summation depending on how busy you (the reader) are:
tl;dr of tl;dr:
Had severe ED my entire life. NoFap fixed it. No superpowers
I tried to have sex for the first time at 16 and couldn’t get an erection. Lots of experimentation/doctor visits/drugs later, nothing worked to fix it. I discovered NoFap and struggled to accept it due to the overwhelming amount of doctors/articles talking about how healthy masturbation is.
When I finally ran out of options, I gave NoFap a serious attempt. At first I could hardly hold a 2 day streak. A few months in, I hit an 11 day streak and, for the first time in my life, achieved a full erection during sex. It only lasted for a minute before I lost it but at this point, I was convinced.
Today I hit 91 days (after 5 years of trying). I am fully cured of ED. My voice didn’t get deeper, my dick didn’t get bigger, and -as far as I can tell- my testosterone hasn’t increased. But I am much happier now that I’m able to have satisfying sex.
My struggle with ED is long. I want to summarize it as much as possible because I’d like it to be a readable length. However, I’m happy to expand on anything.
When I was 16 years old I tried to have sex for the first time and physically couldn’t. My dick was completely paralyzed. This led me to assume I was gay. Then I tried to have sex with a man and again could not get even a little hard. Realized I wasn’t gay and started seeing doctors. At this point I thought I was asexual – I was in denial of having ED because my blood tests were healthy, and more importantly, everywhere you look -and every doctor your talk to- masturbation is described as a healthy activity. I accepted being asexual but I was most definitely not aromantic. Meaning I’d fall in love with a girl but without the ability to have sex, the relationship would shatter. This contradiction put a lot of strain on me emotionally especially being a young child. It made me depressed and frankly suicidal.
I was prescribed Viagra and androgel. Androgel did shit (my testosterone was fine, but the doctor prescribed it anyway). With Viagra, I was able to finish 1 out of every 10 attempts. And it was always just barely finishing with 1/4th of an erection.
Running out of options, I finally decided to get serious about NoFap. It took me about 3 months to get to my first decent streak – 11 days. I remember this day clearly and will never forget it. At 11 days of NoFap, I had sex and for the first time in my life experienced what it was like to get a full erection. I lost that erection like 3 times during sex but was able to get it back and finish. No drug, supplement, or medication has ever been able to achieve this result. At this point I was sold.
5 years later, today, I hit 91 days. It took me 5 years to hit 91 days. That’s how addicted I was to porn. So far, this has been the most difficult, and proudest achievement I’ve ever had in my life.
I’m so glad I never got too serious about suicide back when I was a vulnerable teenager and things seemed hopeless. It’s hard to convey in words how different sexuality is for me now (not just sex). NoFap goes beyond sex, it reaches deep into your brain and completely changes the way you seek, feel, and satisfy sexual desire. My erections right now are very intense and I can say without a doubt that my ED is cured.
To further explain my previous point about sexuality, I’ll list some changes I’ve noticed:
- When I used to have sex before NoFap I would feel anxious. I would think to myself “Shit I’m not gonna get hard!” or “She’s going to think I don’t find her hot! She’ll never talk to me again!” This anxiety has been totally replaced by a powerful desire that I feel when I touch or see a naked woman. All I can think about is how much I want her. You simply are too distracted by pure desire to think about performance anxiety when you’re on NoFap.
- Piggybacking off the last point, arousal is easy now. A few weeks ago I was hanging out with a girl at the pool. She had her legs around my waist and I was holding her up by her ass with my hands. This was more than enough to get me half erect and very aroused. Nowadays when I’m going to have sex, I’m usually fully erect by the time I’m touching her vagina or tits.
- Seeing women in everyday life is different. Before, I’d see an attractive girl and I’d feel sadness/cowardice and I’d avoid her. Now when I see a girl I get what can only be described as a small spark in my chest. It’s hard to describe. It’s like a small flash of excitement. Women hold my attention and frankly I actively work on not staring and not being distracted when I’m in the gym or going about my everyday life.
- Sex is radically different. There are so many elements to sex that I never noticed before (because I wasn’t sensitive enough to notice). One of which is temperature. When I first penetrate a girl the first thing I notice is how warm she is and how tight she is around my penis. Before NoFap sex was just one long anxiety attack focused around staying hard enough for her to not notice that I’ve lost my erection.
- After doing this for 5 years, I don’t really crave porn anymore. I’m not triggered by nudity in movies or sexually explicit writing. I only ever crave sex, never porn.