I wrote on here a few months back when I first learned about my husbands porn addiction and I wanted to give a brief update on his journey to recovery. (He would do it but he acknowledges that Reddit among other social media sites are a trigger).
He has successfully reached his 90 days reboot and is still going strong! I am so proud of what he’s achieved thus far and I know he’s motivated to keep going.
Some lifestyle changes he’s implemented since starting nofap:
- Meditation! He does it on a daily basis in the morning and on days when urges get particularly strong he will meditate multiple times a day. He uses Aware app for those interested
- He installed porn blockers and accountability software on all of his devices.
- He is seeing a CSAT and joined an SA group-for those interested SA groups are free and you get connected to a sponsor who may act as an accountability partner.
- He joined a boxing gym
- Started working on unfinished projects and hobbies to keep him busy.
- Started doing workshops from rebootnation during his downtime 7, Spends less time on the phone and more with family and friends
- We’ve both been more sensual with each other to rebuild intimacy through massage.
- Researched the science behind porn addiction.
- Created an online vision board of all the things he wishes to accomplish in life as well as mini goals.
- He rereads a particular post when he feels he needs more guidance on how to stay on path https://yourbrainrebalanced.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-thoughts-on-rebooting-extremely-long-post.15558/
Also for anyone who thinks it’s too late or impossible I want to let you know that it’s never to late to make a change in your life, especially if it’s a change for the better. My husband was 10 when he first started watching porn and he’s now 29 and going 90 days porn free.
LINK – My husband reached 90 days