I just noticed it has been more than one year since I discovered /r/NoFap. So I decided to write something about my journey.
I was trying to stop PMO since I discovered It’s sin (I’m Christian). I had no idea that it’s more than sin. It literally destroys people.
Until I discovered this subreddit I had very bad time abstaining. I was relapsing several times per week. I managed to last much longer only two times.
Then I discovered this awesome community and used it as a great tool to combat my addiction. During last year I relapsed only about 20-30 times. I had few long streaks (about one month). I had also difficulties during summer but they will pass. I’m sure.
Effects I noticed:
- I’m more happy on average. I have bad days sometimes but they pass quickly.
- I feel more creative. I often do new projects and other stuff.
- I have very little shyness. I have no problem getting to know someone new and talk about anything.
- I’m myself more. I’m more willing to admit my mistakes and weaknesses. Also I’m less reluctant to talk about some topics. I can express some emotions more freely.
- My relationships improved. I pay more attention to communicate without angering/insulting people. People respond to me better. It’s easier to get people agree with me on difficult topics.
- I’m less obsessed with girls (excluding really awesome girls :))
- Naturally beautiful girls attract me more than artificially attractive ones.
- I feel more energetic.
- Right now I feel great! 🙂
TL;DR My life significantly improved while on NoFap. It is worth it! If you are considering it give it a try.
If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Have a successful day brothers and sisters! 🙂