Finally after 30 days I’m writing this post with hope to encourage you guys. And also because it’s much easier and pleasant than writing an essay that I’ve been assigned.
I started my adventure with nofap 9 months ago. I had my first attempt in August or July last year – during these months I’ve reseted my badge 40 times. At the beginning it was hard, eventually somehow I managed to last a week, then obviously fail – but I continuously extended my streak, first it was week, followed by a week of PMO and daily relapsing, then it was 2 weeks, and so on. I remember a few of my longest streaks, it was 1 week, then it was 28 days, then it was 45 days. As I said, each of these periods were followed by a week or two of constant relapsing after a day or two.
Now I know deep inside, that I’m going to achieve 90 days.
I feel much more energetic (started lifting&running again), confident and social – but this is all obvious stuff you’ve read thousand times. I just want to say that NoFap is the best thing that has happened to me. I’m really glad I found this subreddit, I’ve never been this happy, or this confident. I even desire social contact and like socializing – something like this I’ve never experienced, I haven’t even dreamed about it. The change is truly awesome. My life is far from being the way I want it to be, but I have energy to improve it and I see progress – it’s incredibly exciting. If you have doubts, you have to know it is totally worth it.
Some tips that I found helpful (you probably read them somewhere anyways, it’s nothing new).
- If you have history of relapses – read this post – http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/156555/you_should_be_asking_yourself_this_question_every/
- I found K9 immensely helpful – you want to succeed? Just block the porn. (I know it’s not that easy and you always can access it, just make it harder) http://www.reddit.com/r/NoFap/comments/16hm5l/dont_trust_yourself_with_password_to_k9_heres_the/
- Positive affirmations – Google it, make your own, tell yourself you are a person that doesn’t masturbate and stuff like that. It was useful for me.
- Meditation – if you have some intense urge – turn of the computer and meditate for 20 minutes. Works well.
- Do some sports.
- Eliminate triggers. In example, in the past I would often fail while taking the shower – pissed off as I was, I made the decision to take cold showers. As a result, I haven’t relapsed since then.
I guess that everything that comes up to my mind right now. I hope it will help some of you. Cheers guys.