Hi all, just a quick post about the benefits I have experienced from completely cutting out porn and porn-substitutes for the past month. Included under porn-subs are anything that allows me to “dopamine surf” like games, watching YouTube, eating junk or browsing the web aimlessly.
- I feel more confident, comfortable in my own skin
- Reduced anxiety in social situations, more fluid social interactions
- Can hold conversation with people whilst looking them in the eye
- More attention and attraction from girls – very noticeable
- Bigger, harder longer-lasting erections in the morning
- I can begin visualizing the future again…a feeling called hope!
- More time to accomplish duties and responsibilities
- No shame anymore! Feels liberating
- Lost weight
- More assertive: I can challenge others if I feel they are wrong
This has been my longest streak in almost 2 years. I have been able to achieve this by admitting to myself that I am an addict, and taking defensive action against exposure to porn – porn blockers, deleting suggestive apps (e.g. Instagram), changing my environment etc.
Hope this inspires others to keep going!