- Rebooting Basics
- Tools for Change
- Porn FAQs
- ED & Porn
- ? Studies
Submitted by Administrator on Mon, 11/29/2010 - 10:05
We have produced 5 videos:
- Your Brain On Porn: The Effcets of Internet Porn on the Brain (2015) For a general overview of Internet porn's effects.
- Porn-induced Erectile Dysfunction (2014) best explanation of the science and how Internet porn is unique.
- Adolescent Brain Meets Highspeed Internet Porn (2013), delves into the science of sexual conditioning.
- The Great Porn Experiment (2012) (version with German subtitles) which is a more complete version of my TEDx talk.
- Things You Didn't Know About Porn (2010). For kids, ages 8-11.
The videos below will help you understand the brain science of addiction, porn addiction, sexual conditioning, and porn-induced problems.
Science - Directly Related to Porn Viewing
- PORN MYTHS - The Truth Behind Addiction And Sexual Dysfunctions, by Gabe Deem: Debunking 10 popular myths propagated by naysayers or the ignorant.
- The Science of Pornography Addiction (SFW) - AsapSCIENCE: 3-minute video. Short and to the point.
- A Mind Map for Sex and Porn Addiction, by Paula Hall
- YouTube series on how porn addiction arises in the brain: A six-part series by Gordon S. Bruin M.A. director of InnerGold
- recovery. An informative presentation, focusing on the limbic system, by someone who treats porn addicts.
- Pornography Addiction: A supranormal stimulus considered in the context of neuroplasticity – Dr. Donald Hilton (2014)
- Talk about porn's impact on the brain, by neurosurgeon Donald Hilton MD. It is aimed at parents and children, and focuses on research on hypofrontality and impulse control.
- Porn Is Shrinking Your Brain! By Discovery News Discusses porn-induced ED and this study
- Neurobiologist discusses porn's effects on the brain: The science is solid and well explained. Willaim Struthers, author of a book on porn, drops in a few minor religious references.
- The Demise of Guys?: Philip Zimbardo: Excellent TED talk on (as the title says) the demise of young men. Zimbardo speaks of excessive Internet use (porn and video games) as "arousal addiction".
Addiction Related Science
- Reward pathway in the brain - khanacademymedicine - Easy, detailed look at the reward circuit & dopamine
- Tolerance and withdrawal - khanacademymedicine - Downregulation of dopamine and dopamine receptors.
- Excerpts from an addiction video series: Anyone dealing with ANY addiction should watch these short (about 3-minute each), very well done videos. Conversational, easy to listen to, and informative. One can simply substitute "Internet porn" where he says "drugs & alcohol".
- Truth of Addiction: 7 minute, easy to understand video (includes porn addiction) Two brains at battle.
- Excellent video on dopamine and its role in addiction: 17-minute history of dopamine research and explanation of its role in addiction, narrated by English scientist.
- Top researchers explain dopamine: Neuroscientists Nora Volkow and Adam Kepecs explain the role of dopamine in addiction. Dopamine dysregulation is central to all addictions, including porn addiction.
- Early Experiments on Pleasure/Reward Center: Six minute video on the famous early experiments on the pleasure/reward centers of the brain. Includes both humans and rats. Really brings to life what is behind all addictions.
- Dopamine is more about anticipation: Dr. Robert Sapolsky: Five-minute section of a longer lecture about "reward" and dopamine. Dopamine rises in anticipation of reward, especially if uncertainty is involved. Searching for porn, clicking are both anticipation and uncertainty in what you will find.
- Dopamine: the two-faced molecule
- Sex, drugs, brains and politics (Professor Fred Toates) Lecture by retired professor about how motivation shapes the brain and our desires.
Science - Indirectly Related
- Great TEDx talk - The pleasure trap: Douglas Lisle at TEDxFremont
- The Teenage Brain: Dr. Jay Giedd of the National Institute of Mental Health
- Insight Into the Teenage Brain: Adriana Galván at TEDxYouth@Caltech
- Dr. Norman Doidge, "The Brain That Changes Itself": Neuroplasticity is behind porn addiction and porn recovery. This 27 minute interview discusses many aspects of neuroplasticity. From 17:00 - 19:15 he discusses Internet Porn. I recommend the entire video.
- Jay Phelan and Terry Burnham on Mean Genes - Authors of one of our favorite books
- Brain Evolution and the Digital Revolution: How Using Technology Affects Kids' Brain Development. Neuroscientist Jay Geidd's explores how what kids do during the time they spend in the digital world can affect the hard-wiring of their brains.
- Gadget and Internet Addiction! SourceFed (2012)
- Self Control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDuke
Documentaries & News Reports
- Porn On The Brain: Documentary by UK channel 4 Also available here.
- The Teenage Brain on Porn - Nightline (ABC)
- Dr. Oz Show addresses porn-induced erectile dysfunction January 31, 2013
- 'Generation X-Rated' (Porn-Induced ED): 16x9 Global News
- Behind the documentary: Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction (Global News Canada)
- TYT University: Pornography Addiction's Negative Side Effects
- The Young Turks discuss porn-induced ED: A 3 minute "news report" on the survey this study by the Italian Society of Andrology and Sexual Medicine.
- Porn Free: Recovering from a porn addiction (SBS2Australia) - 5 minute video telling the story of a member of r/nofap
- News Report on Porn-induced ED in Young Men
Men: Their Stories & Advice
- A story of porn addiction and recovery (Noah B.E. Church at The Mystery Box Show)
- "Your Brain on Porn (This is CraZZy!)" by Menprovement
- Key to NoFap Success (quitting compulsive porn use), by Noah Church
- Brick House video series on porn recovery. Episode 1 - The Question - entertaining and funny.
- Why doesn’t sex feel that great? (porn-induced desensitization and DE), Noah Curch
- Porn-Induced ED Reboot Advice Vlog: Gabe Deem
- The Basics Of Rebooting: Gabe Deem
- The Science Of Porn Addiction - Gabes Story
- Why doesn’t sex feel that great? (porn-induced desensitization and DE), by Noah Church
- How long to recover from porn-induced erectile dysfunction (PIED)? by Noah B. Church
- Growing Up With Porn: Huffington Post Live Conversation: 2013 conversation about the effects of today's porn on young people.
- Why I Stopped Watching Porn (college public speaking class)
- Porn Addiction and Recovery 101: by Black White Guy In America
- Interview with BlackWhiteGuy
- No Angels // A Music Video about Porn, Sex & Love (Jason Chu)
- A Powerful Addiction. By jahana75 (NoFap.org)
- 'Private Matters' TV Interviews Gary Wilson: Max Von Praag interviews Gary Wilson on the effects of high-speed Internet porn.
- Porn The New Tobacco | Jack Fischer | TEDxBinghamtonUniversity
- PORN - Why it's ruining your sex life, by James Marshall - well done video relates to "younger" generation
- The Truth About How To Masturbate - by sexpert Alex Allman
- Terry Crews Reveals Porn Addiction
- Porn Addiction Explained - Is our brain ready for this? (German)
- Psychotherapist advises porn addict
- Growing Up in a Pornified Culture | Gail Dines | TEDxNavesink
- Internet Porn Simulator: Clip from Southpark. Humorous portrayal of the tolerance phenomenon (escalation) among porn users.
- Porn Ruining My Erections With Women @Hodgetwins
- NoFap in Mainstream Advertising: Short, funny clip advertising an energy patch.
- Southpark: Satan explains addiction & dopamine
- Boyfriend Wants To Watch Adult Movies While Having Sex With Me! @Hodgetwins